Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dkgal

Row Context not effective in Maps through a relationship

I have created a couple of measures looking at some call data.  I have a few tables that are associated to create all the relationships.

Call Table (with extension) -> Extension Location Assignment Table (Extension to Location Name) -> Location Table (Name, w/ State, region, etc) -> Population Table (associated via state).

When I create a table, I can get things working right by disabling any aggregation on the population column for each state.  It does naturally attempt to sum them though and then includes all 50.

You can see in the screenshot that the tooltip data won't match up with the table data.  I must be missing something about how maps work.  In the table, I can disable aggregation on the population field which then makes everything else fall in line.  That's not an option for the map.

Where am I going wrong here?

dkgal_0-1603818892990.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dkgal

I was able to fix the issue by pulling the state information from the population table instead of the intermediaray table.  This forced the system to appropriately limit the count/sum of population.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dkgal

I was able to fix the issue by pulling the state information from the population table instead of the intermediaray table.  This forced the system to appropriately limit the count/sum of population.

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dkgal ,

I can't get your issue only by your description. Would you please inform us more detailed information( your sample data and expected output (by OneDrive for Business)) if possible? Then we will help you more correctly.

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.