Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rounding up Issue

Hi,

I have a clustered column chart representing a set of values, however, the graph displays all values as 100%. I do not seem to understand whats wrong. Please see the screenshot attached below:

1.PNG

The original values that Formco Metals should have are: 

80.00 - Jan86.67 - Feb100.00 - March88.57 - April 80.00 - May91.30 - June100.00 - July100.00 - Aug

But the graph displays all values as 100.

Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is that your monthly values are stored as Text. They need to be a Numeric datatype. Then you will be able to display the values, instead of counts.

I tried to change to numeric, but there are apparently some "NA" values -

To Do:

1. Clean up "NA" values by replacing them with null values. 

2. Change datatypes to Decimal or Fixed Decimal Number.

3. Re-add the fields to the visual, using the appropriate summarization - "First" should probably work.

Hope This Helps,

Nathan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI, @Anonymous 

If you could what is the field in your Value of this visual. is this like yours?

1.JPG

please check if the Value field is correct. if not your case, could share your sample pbix file for us to have a test?

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply Lin. 

The value field is indeed correct. I'd like to send you the file. Can you please tell me how I can attach/send it to you? I am unable to see an option here.

@v-lili6-msft wrote:

HI, @Anonymous 

If you could what is the field in your Value of this visual. is this like yours?

1.JPG

please check if the Value field is correct. if not your case, could share your sample pbix file for us to have a test?

Best Regards,

Lin

Please note that I am using the supplier performance from jan - aug. to be represented in power BI using clustered column bar chart. 

Kindly help me fix it. Somehow all the suppliers get 100% even if the actual data is 80s or 90s for each month. 

hi, @Anonymous 

From the screenshot, we could not find out the exact cause of it. If there is something wrong with relationship? is the cross filter direction should be "Both"?

If possible, could you share your sample report for us have a test?

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lin,

Please access the file via: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y832EnzJT4rop_wP6x_4RZEncu2mVsbt/view?usp=sharing

You can see that the actual data is different, but when you select each individual "Supplier ID" from the slicer, somehow the bar graph gives everyone a 100%.

Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is that your monthly values are stored as Text. They need to be a Numeric datatype. Then you will be able to display the values, instead of counts.

I tried to change to numeric, but there are apparently some "NA" values -

To Do:

1. Clean up "NA" values by replacing them with null values. 

2. Change datatypes to Decimal or Fixed Decimal Number.

3. Re-add the fields to the visual, using the appropriate summarization - "First" should probably work.

Hope This Helps,

Nathan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for your help.

Could you possible help me with denoting the numbers as percentages?

My base excel source has everything in percentage - which translate into plain numbers into power bi. And if I use power bi "percentage" formatting for the numbers, they gain 10^2 (Eg: 100% in excel = 100 in power BI = 10000%).

Is there a way to add percentage just as a unit at the end of original 100 in power bi? I do not wish to change my excel source entirely and have it divide by 100 just so that I can get it right in power BI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous - You will need to divide by 100 somewhere. Your options are:

1. In your source

2. In Power Query, select your columns and then divide them:

Divide - Power Query.PNG3. With DAX, you can create new Calculated Columns or Measures. 

Hope this helps,

Nathan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.