cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rounding Error Query to Report

Net Billing Query.pngNet Billing Report.png

For a given billing document, there is an invoice value of $42.90. In my query editor, this looks correct.

When I bring it into my report, it adds all these 9s when I put 15 decimal places in there, and I can see that my results based on this field become skewed - they are in fact calculating based on the $42.8999999999999 and not the $42.90. 

I've tried rounding from the query editor, and rounding in the report, as shown. When I put the decimal places there I still get the wrong answer. I cannot use Fixed Demical, as all my calculations based on Net Billing break. It may seem like a small issue, but it has a huge impact on my calculations overall.

Is there any way to bring the data in "clean"?

Thank you,

Robert

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

I think the best way is use Fixed Demical, if you don't want this, please refer to this similar post:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Display-up-to-two-decimal-but-not-by-rounding/td-p/387300

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!