cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I_Like_Pi Member

Rotate a Textbox

I have a grid of 9 tables on a report page that summarrize 3 different attributes Vs 3 other attributes.

I would like to rotate a textbox 90 degrees to lable the Row of tables.

Seems like a basic function, am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
deldersveld
Advisor

Re: Rotate a Textbox

You cannot currently rotate a textbox in Power BI.

14 REPLIES 14
deldersveld
Advisor

You cannot currently rotate a textbox in Power BI.

pukumansss Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Really? How is it possible that an easy function does not exist in a sophisticated application. My comment goes to Microsoft! Let's see how long does it take to have this function...

pukumansss Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Really? How is it possible that an easy function does not exist in a sophisticated application. My comment goes to Microsoft! Let's see how long does it take to have this function...

sukhomoyb Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Surprizing ... 

Highlighted
mnewman943 Visitor
Visitor

I was shocked to see the answers in this thread regarding not being able to rotate the contents of a textbox. This is a BASIC element for Enterprise reporting.

I just figured out a workaround for this item that I am being forced to utilize because I refuse to take no for an answer when needing to distribute a report.

Hopefully this works for anyone reading this post:

• I created a stacked bar chart
  • Go to the format for the newly created bar chart
  • Turn off all formatting options, EXCEPT for the "Y-Axis"
  • Expand the Y-Axis formatting options
  • Scroll down, or locate the "Axis title" property
  • Input your text
  • Set "Title text size" to an appropriate size.
  • Set "Font family" to an appropriate font

This is nothing more than a workaround, and I may have to deploy this using this workaround.

Cheers

sweidlich Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Not all heroes wear capes. Nice job.

manishdighe Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Nice one! Its high time Microsoft got this simple feature to a text box. wonder if we have a custom visual which does that yet?

nunavut Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I just did what you described below as I replicated an excel combo chart in power bi, and had to edit the axis title. 

Do you realize the text size max out at 21? It did for me. When the text size goes to 22 there is an error indicator for "Y-axis". 

denveroed Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Apparently this is STILL not an option??? Come on Microsoft. I'm having to replace an image with text because of a bug where the images don't load when published to the web. Now I can't duplicate the 90-degree text that was in the image with a simple text box? This is getting ridiculous.