Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Worldbreaker
Helper I
Helper I

Roster Dashboard Creation and proper Usage

Hi Guys!

what can you suggest is the proper way to create a roster dashboard that changes every month?

I am having issues in creating creating a relationship based on this roster dashboard.

the cause is the roster dashboard has multiple duplicates since it is has the same data just separated by a month column
ex: may, june, july

basically, it has the employee ID, name, department, hire date, termination date, and month column

how can I connect it to other reports but making sure that I use the current month's roster only?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The Calculated table worked! I was able to filter based on the month column and was able to create a calculated table off of it and was able to successfully create a relationship based on that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Worldbreaker,

Based on your description, it's really hard to understand your requirement. You have many tables in Power BI desktop, the structure of the tables are same, thery includes different months' table? You want use the table to create a report? 

In addition, what's meaning of "how can I connect it to other reports but making sure that I use the current month's roster only?" Could you please share more details for further analysis? So that we can post solution which is close to what you want.

Best Regards,
Angelia

I have a table in excel that shows the month column, Employee ID # column, name column and department column, date hired column and date terminated column.

for the month column, it shows the current month ex: July. it also has the months for June, May, April, etc.

it shows the same people in those other months, some get taken out because of termination or added due to new hires.

my problem is, in power bi, I wont be able to use it due to it having duplicates.

my question is, is it possible for me to create a relationship by telling popwer bi to just "look" at the current months data?

I am thinking of creating a calculated table and filtering it using the month column so that I can create relationship since it would eliminate the duplicates in that way.

my problem now is, how to make it dynamic. dynamic in the sense that I can change easily the month I want to show in the calculated column. for example, I want to use the June roster, instead of the July roster.

The Calculated table worked! I was able to filter based on the month column and was able to create a calculated table off of it and was able to successfully create a relationship based on that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.