Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

erb
Frequent Visitor

Rolling up counts of concatenated data

I have a data set capturing risks from 4 various groups, that could affet none to many of those same groups.  I am capturing the "affected" information as a multichoice checkbox and concatenating the data (example data below)

Line itemowneraffects
risk 1group 1group 2; group 3
risk 2group 2 
risk 3group 1group 2; group 3; group 4
risk 4group 3 
risk 5group 4group 2

I would like to add a pie chart to a dashboard that has the slices of the pie as "Group 1 - Group 4" with the value as "count of ID (line item) of occurance in "affects" column".  If I select group 3 in the pie chart, then I should see a full group 3 pie slice, and a partially full group 2 (2/3 full) with the above data set because of their relationship. 

Any ideas how to accomplish this?

FYI - my true number of groups is 13, using 4 as examplatory.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

We covered something very similar yesterday. Check out this thread.

Split and unpivot your data.

erb
Frequent Visitor

So I split the column into rows using the delimeter, and that wokred well.  But now i have an error:

"column 'Id; in table 'risk & issues' contains dulicate value '10' and this is not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship or for oclumns that are used as the primary key table"

any thoughts on resolving this scenario?

dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I would expect there to be duplicates in that column. Check that the relationship is set up correctly.

Hi @erb,

There is no 10 your sample table, please share more details for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.