Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

smshetty
Frequent Visitor

Rolling sum

Hi ,

I am looking for a Power BI formula for rolling Sum.

Example: i have 50 Row line items , I need create a rolling sum for every 3 Points .Rolling sum of last 3 transactions (May occur in a given time interval, Day or a week)...Rolling sum consecutive 3 Transactions.

Sum( Row1 : Row 3)

Sum( Row 2:Row 4)

Sum( Row 3: Row5)

Sum( Row48:Row50)

This is very easy to create in excel . But how do we create this in Power BI,This is not in context month or  a year

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @smshetty ,

You may go to Query Editor, go to Add column->Index column (from 1,,), click button "Close & Apply".

Then you may create measure like DAX below.

Rolling 3 rows =

VAR i= SELECTEDVALUE(Table1[Index])

RETURN

CALCULATE (SUM ( Table1[transactions value] ),FILTER ( ALLSELECTED(Table1), Table1[Index] <= i + 2 && Table1[Index] >= i ) )

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @smshetty ,

You may go to Query Editor, go to Add column->Index column (from 1,,), click button "Close & Apply".

Then you may create measure like DAX below.

Rolling 3 rows =

VAR i= SELECTEDVALUE(Table1[Index])

RETURN

CALCULATE (SUM ( Table1[transactions value] ),FILTER ( ALLSELECTED(Table1), Table1[Index] <= i + 2 && Table1[Index] >= i ) )

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

Thanks, this was very useful for me too, is there a way to find the max value of the function or would you need to create a new column?

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @smshetty 

Do you need this in a calculated column or in a measure? IF the latter, how will that measure be used (what visual, what fiedls on the visual)?

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving kudos if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.