Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lekkerbek
Helper IV
Helper IV

Rolling forecast cutoff date based on slicer

Hi,

Hope someone can help me with this.

I created a P&L and budget in a matrix visual.

I would like to create a P&L rolling forecast in a matrix where the column heads are the months. I have a slicer with the months and if I select January and February it should show the actuals from those two months and the rest should be the budget information.

I followed a video from SQLBI and I got a measure that works, but the problem I have is that the measure is based on the assumption that either budget is empty or actuals is empty. That is not always the case. For example:

- there are no sales yet in March

- an invoice for rent for March has already been received in February and costs are assigned in March.

With the current measure I get the correct information for sales (no actuals so basiscally it's all budget in March. Housing costs however are the total sum of the actuals + budget.

Is there a way to use the slicer in this, so I can cutoff the period?

The formulas currently used are:

RF = 
Var LastDateWithSales = calculate(max(Transacties[Rapportagedatum]), REMOVEFILTERS())
Var RemaingForecast = 
    CALCULATE(
        [Begroting],
        keepfilters(DimDate[Date]>=LastDateWithSales)
    )
Return 
    RemaingForecast

Sales + forecast = [W&V]+[RF]

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@lekkerbek , You can add control, like this example

RF =
Var LastDateWithSales = calculate(max(Transacties[Rapportagedatum]), REMOVEFILTERS())
Var RemaingForecast =
CALCULATE(
[Begroting],
filter(all(DimDate) DimDate[Date]>=LastDateWithSales && DimDate[Date] <= eomonth(LastDateWithSales,3) )
)
Return
RemaingForecast

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.