Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hickling
Frequent Visitor

Rolling calculation measure using countrows

Hi team, long time lurker first time poster. Have a question that has me beat, hoping you can help.

My data doesn't involve figures, but rather rows of safety incident details. Most of my measures involve using countrows calculations to track incident rates for the month based on certain parameters.

One of these is injury details, where I use a measure count of serious injuries for each department each month, divided by the number of hours worked in a different table, multiplied by 1,000,000 to create a frequency rate which I graph over a 12 month period. I have a separate dedicated date table that I use for the months.

However, as well as the monthly rate, I need a 12 month rolling rate that takes each month point on the graph and does a count of the previous 12 months injuries, which I can then divide by the sum of the previous 12 months hours.

So for example the point on the graph for April 2019 would be using the totals of May18 to Apr19, then March 2019 would use the totals of Apr18 to Mar19, and so on backwards. It's the last 12 month thing that's got me stumped.

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Hickling ,

Please illustrate your requirement with sample data and expected result.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.