Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mbrierley
Helper III
Helper III

Rolling average working days lost using start and end date

I'm trying to work out the average working days lost for the business by day. The calculation that we use is to divide the total number of days absence over the previous year by the average full time eqivalent number of staff. We would need to see this figure for the last 12 months, meaning we'd need 2 years worth of data.

The absence report is set up to include a row for each absence, regardless of length. Each person will have a start and end date, and its this that we would use to determine whether a person has been off on a particular day, or not. 

The source of our data doesn't allow us to connect directly (i.e using a data warehouse), so we would have to export into Excel Power Query to manipulate it, before uploading to PowerBI. 

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
mbrierley
Helper III
Helper III

@Greg_Deckler @v-kelly-msft apologies for the tardy response, but we've re-evaluated the requirments and found a solution to our problem. Happy to remove this thread if that's easier 

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mbrierley ,

If you couldnt get help from what is suggested by @Greg_Deckler ,could you pls upload your .pbix file and expected output to onedrive business and share the link with me?Do remember to remove the confidential information.

Much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.