Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jadson
Regular Visitor

Rolling Product Date slicer by item

Hi, I'm new in power BI and I have a problem I cant solve. I have the following table in my desktop where value is the 1 + return of Id_fund in that period:

Jadson_0-1632006581844.png

From the table above, I want to plot an accumulated return graph for each one ID_Fund that varies as I change the date range.

Just a example to make it clearer: The plot below shows the accumulated return from 22/10/2014 to 24/04/2016 for Id_fund 34. 

Jadson_1-1632007165753.png

However, if I change the startdate to 12/10/2015, the start value is not 1, but the accumulated value since 22/10/2014 (1.15). I need the accumulated return to reset according startdate, that is, the start point in plot shoud be 1 and the return will accumulated over time. (PS: My first date in database is 22/10/2014)

Jadson_2-1632007609578.png

For solve this, I split the problem in two parts: First, I have accumulated the return by Id_Fund. Then, I have to make this accumulated return vary according date slicer. I tried the following code but it's still not that I need. This code only solve the first part of problem:

Column =
VAR _min = CALCULATE(MIN(NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate]),ALLSELECTED(NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate]))
VAR _max = CALCULATE(MAX(NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate]),ALLSELECTED(NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate]))
RETURN
CALCULATE(
PRODUCT(NAV_SHARE[value]),
FILTER(
ALL(NAV_SHARE),
NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate] <= EARLIER(NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate])
&& NAV_SHARE[Id_Fund] = EARLIER(NAV_SHARE[Id_Fund])
&& _min >= NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate]
)
)

Thanks!

Jadson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
halfglassdarkly
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi Jadson, try adding this as a measure instead of a calculated column and see if that works for you. A calculated column isn't going to reflect the filter context applied with your slicers but a measure will.

The measure below should return 1 if the date is the earliest date selected based on your slicers, and otherwise return the cumulative product of your value column within your slicer criteria. If more than one ID is chosen it will return an error.

Measure =
//Store min selected date value
VAR _min = CALCULATE(MIN(NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate]),ALLSELECTED(NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate]))
//Store min selected date value where date > _min
Var _NextMin = CALCULATE(Min(NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate]),ALLSELECTED(NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate]),NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate]>_min)
//Store current date value (changes based on visual context)
VAR _CurrentDateVal = MAX(NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate])
//Store the selected ID. If more than one ID is selected return error
VAR _SelectedID = if(HASONEVALUE(NAV_SHARE[Id_Fund]),Max(NAV_SHARE[ID_Fund]),ERROR("Please select one ID"))

RETURN
if(_CurrentDateVal=_min,1,
CALCULATE(
PRODUCT(NAV_SHARE[Value]),ALL(NAV_SHARE),
NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate] <= _CurrentDateVal,
NAV_SHARE[Id_Fund] = _SelectedID,
NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate] >=_NextMin))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
halfglassdarkly
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi Jadson, try adding this as a measure instead of a calculated column and see if that works for you. A calculated column isn't going to reflect the filter context applied with your slicers but a measure will.

The measure below should return 1 if the date is the earliest date selected based on your slicers, and otherwise return the cumulative product of your value column within your slicer criteria. If more than one ID is chosen it will return an error.

Measure =
//Store min selected date value
//Store min selected date value where date > _min
Var _NextMin = CALCULATE(Min(NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate]),ALLSELECTED(NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate]),NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate]>_min)
//Store current date value (changes based on visual context)
VAR _CurrentDateVal = MAX(NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate])
//Store the selected ID. If more than one ID is selected return error
VAR _SelectedID = if(HASONEVALUE(NAV_SHARE[Id_Fund]),Max(NAV_SHARE[ID_Fund]),ERROR("Please select one ID"))

RETURN
if(_CurrentDateVal=_min,1,
CALCULATE(
PRODUCT(NAV_SHARE[Value]),ALL(NAV_SHARE),
NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate] <= _CurrentDateVal,
NAV_SHARE[Id_Fund] = _SelectedID,
NAV_SHARE[Dt_FundNavDate] >=_NextMin))

Hi @halfglassdarkly, thank you very much. Your solution solved my problem!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.