Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mpranev
Frequent Visitor

Rolling LTM by month - all 12 months in same visual

I'm new to Power BI and hoping to get some guidance on a visual. I'm having difficulty creating a rolling month-by-month look at LTM Revenue. 

For eaxample, if it's November 1, 2018 I'd like to see LTM data as of October 2018, September 2018, August 2018,...,December 2017, and November 2017. 

I know I can create a slicer to see each month's LTM Revenue individually, but ideally I'd like to see all 12 months LTM Revenue in a single bar chart.

Is this even possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mpranev

Wow I just created a video on this exact topic this morning... check it out on my YouTube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duMSovyosXE

Hope this helps,

Parker

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mpranev,

I made one sample for your referece, If it doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me. You can upload the files to onedrive and share the link here.

Here are the steps.

1. Create a date table.

Table2 = CALENDAR(DATE(2017,11,01),DATE(2018,11,30))

2. Create a measure as below.

Measure = var su = SUM('Table'[value])
return
IF(ISBLANK(su),BLANK(),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[value]),DATESINPERIOD(Table2[Date],LASTDATE('Table2'[Date]),-11,MONTH)))

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Frank,

I really appreciate you taking the time to help answer my question.  I've provided sample data to help illustrate.

I'm looking to get a rolling sum of values based on the Date Closed.  Under the "Desired Output" table you can see the fees are pullind data for 12 months ending.  Hopefully that makes sense.

Capture2.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mpranev

Wow I just created a video on this exact topic this morning... check it out on my YouTube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duMSovyosXE

Hope this helps,

Parker

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.