Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ngerasimow
Frequent Visitor

Rolling Hours by week

I've created this matrix showing client name in the rows, total weekly hours billed by relative date filtering (most recent including today) in the last 60 days sorted by the client with the most hours. I would like to add the following:

1. make the dates appear from left to right (most recent to oldest) instead of right to left (oldest to most redcent) as it appears now.
  2. add a calculation showing the hour variance of only the two most recent weeks.

Thank you.Rolling Hours Screen Shot.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ngerasimow ,

1# We can't sort the visual by column directly now, but you can refer to below topic.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Matrix-Column-Head-Order/td-p/71572.

By adding a custom column in Query Editor you can sort the matrix.

12.PNG

13.PNG

14.PNG

2# Sorry i don't understand, what's the hour variance in your data? Can you explain to me and show some sample data?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Hi Jay.......my filter type is "Relative date filtering" and looks at the last 60 days. I can't see how I can specify that in the creation of the new index column. It looks like I have type in a specific date but the matrix filter is constantly updating for the last 60 days. Is there anyway to set that up that type of index criteria in the conditional column?Filter type.JPG

Hi Jay.....I explain item #2 as follows: 

• In the illustration below I would need to insert a column at the far right that would calculate the difference between the hours (first row 6,509) for, in this case the most current week (column “March 6, 2020) minus the hours (first row 6,021) for the week prior (February 28, 2020) giving a result of a variance of +488 and so on for each row and highlight the results that fall into negatives.
  •  
  • Rolling Hours Screen Shot.JPG

Does anyone have a solution to the above issue? Would greatly appreciate any help on this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.