Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LaurenceSD
Advocate II
Advocate II

Rolling Average that starts before the period displayed on graph

Hi there,

So I'm trying to get a rolling average of conversion into my report, and the period I'm looking at doing this is the past 6 weeks and the measure is conversion.

So I've start off with calculating the cumulative Bookings and Enquiries with these formulas

Cumulative Bkgs = sumx(FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Dates),Dates[Dates]<=MAX(Dates[Dates])),[Bkgs])
Cumulative Enqs = sumx(FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Dates),Dates[Dates]<=MAX(Dates[Dates])),[Enqs])

& then I'm dividing the bookings by the enquiries to get my conversion. I've then plotted this on a graph, based on weeks and filtered the relative date for the last 6 weeks, however I've realised that doing it this way for the 1st week only gives me that weeks average and for the 2ns week, I get an average of those 2 weeks, it's not until the 6the week on the graph that this is a true 6 week average.

& now I'm a bit stuck.....

What I'd really like is for the 1st week shown on the graph to be an average of that week and the 5 weeks before it and so on, does anyone know a way around this? I can't seem to come up with a solution that brings in the prior data, apart from running the sheet for 12 weeks and telling people to ignore the first 6 weeks, which isn't going to cut it......

Thanks

Laurence
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@LaurenceSD , With Date table 2 option , rolling 42 days  or use week rank

Rolling 6 week  = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date ],MAX('Date'[Date ]),-42,DAY))

Week wise

New column in date table 

Week Start date = 'Date'[Date]+-1*WEEKDAY('Date'[Date],2)+1
Week End date = 'Date'[Date]+ 7-1*WEEKDAY('Date'[Date],2)
Week Rank = RANKX(all('Date'),'Date'[Week Start date],,ASC,Dense)

or
Week Rank = RANKX(all('Date'),'Date'[Year Week],,ASC,Dense) //YYYYMM format

measures
This Week = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Week Rank]=max('Date'[Week Rank])))

Last 6 weeks = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Week Rank]>=max('Date'[Week Rank])-6 && 'Date'[Week Rank]<=max('Date'[Week Rank])))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@LaurenceSD , With Date table 2 option , rolling 42 days  or use week rank

Rolling 6 week  = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date ],MAX('Date'[Date ]),-42,DAY))

Week wise

New column in date table 

Week Start date = 'Date'[Date]+-1*WEEKDAY('Date'[Date],2)+1
Week End date = 'Date'[Date]+ 7-1*WEEKDAY('Date'[Date],2)
Week Rank = RANKX(all('Date'),'Date'[Week Start date],,ASC,Dense)

or
Week Rank = RANKX(all('Date'),'Date'[Year Week],,ASC,Dense) //YYYYMM format

measures
This Week = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Week Rank]=max('Date'[Week Rank])))

Last 6 weeks = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Week Rank]>=max('Date'[Week Rank])-6 && 'Date'[Week Rank]<=max('Date'[Week Rank])))

perfect, thank you - i went with the rolling 42 days option and it worked exactly as I'd hoped, thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.