Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PBIROO
Frequent Visitor

Rolling 90 Days sum from a table having multiple occurances of a date with different values

Hi Folks,

I am working on a req to create Rolling 90 Days sum from a table which have multiple occurances for same date.my req is I want to get sum of first all the values for every date first(example Sum of all values on the second column  for feb 1 in below snip and similarly for every other date also.) I have a measure for this  :

Measure_2 = sumx(values(date from calender table),
                '_Measure Table'[column 2])

PBIROO_0-1675297978980.png

Issue:  I got the sum of values for each day from the measure I mentioned above but now I am trying to work on another measure which shoud get me the sum of last 90 days for every date.

Measure_2 = sumx(values(date from calender table),
                '_Measure Table'[column 2])

Measure3 =
var result = calculate([Measure_2],
Datesinperiod('[Dim] Calendar'[Date],
max('[Dim] Calendar'[Date]),-90,DAY
))
return result

but this measure gives me cummulative sum and it is not what i want.can Someone please help?

PBIROO_1-1675299062704.png

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBIROO ,

I have created a simple sample, please refer to my pbix file to see if it helps you.

Create measures.

Measure = var _90=MAX('Table'[date])+90
var _minindex=MINX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[date]=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[date])),'Table'[Index])
return
IF(_minindex=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Index]),1,0)
Measure2 = 
var _90days=MAX('Table 2'[Date])+90
return
SUMX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[date]<=_90days&&'Table'[date]>=SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[Date])&&[Measure]<>0),'Table'[value])

vpollymsft_0-1675848881401.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share data in a format that can be pasted in an MS Excel file and show the expected result very clearly.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PBIROO ,

I have created a simple sample, please refer to my pbix file to see if it helps you.

Create measures.

Measure = var _90=MAX('Table'[date])+90
var _minindex=MINX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[date]=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[date])),'Table'[Index])
return
IF(_minindex=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Index]),1,0)
Measure2 = 
var _90days=MAX('Table 2'[Date])+90
return
SUMX(FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[date]<=_90days&&'Table'[date]>=SELECTEDVALUE('Table 2'[Date])&&[Measure]<>0),'Table'[value])

vpollymsft_0-1675848881401.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.