Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rolling 4 quarters is not breaking down country wise when adding country field into the table visual

Hi, 

I have a fact table called "Due-OnTime".

- The fact table contains Year and quarter wise count of "Due" recods, "Ontime" records, "Country" Column and "Business Area" Column

and I have a Dim table called "Master country"

- The Dim table contains, "Region", "Zone" and "Country"

(Both tables are linked using  "Country" Filed)

I calculated the rolling 4 quarters using quarter rank 

Last 4 Qtr Due = CALCULATE(sum('Due-OnTime'[# of DUE in the Quater]), FILTER(ALL('Due-OnTime'),'Due-OnTime'[Qtr Rank]>=max('Due-OnTime'[Qtr Rank])-3 && 'Due-OnTime'[Qtr Rank]<=max('Due-OnTime'[Qtr Rank])))

Last 4 Qtr Ontime = CALCULATE(sum('Due-OnTime'[# of Ontime in the Quater]), FILTER(ALL('Due-OnTime'),'Due-OnTime'[Qtr Rank]>=max('Due-OnTime'[Qtr Rank])-3 && 'Due-OnTime'[Qtr Rank]<=max('Due-OnTime'[Qtr Rank])))

New Divide= Last 4 Qtr Ontime/Last 4 Qtr Due

and trying to plot the visual, when i am not taking country column it is working fine.

Kasireddyvina_2-1615213626404.png

when I take the "country Name" column from Dim table (Master country) it is working as expected.

Kasireddyvina_0-1615214267823.png

but when I take the "country" column from fact table (Due-OnTime), the values are not getting breakdown country wise.

Kasireddyvina_1-1615214282131.png

The reason I wnat to take country column from fact table (Due-OnTime) is, I dont have "Business area" column in Dim table (Master country)

as per the requirement i have to use below slicers and slice the data.

Kasireddyvina_0-1615213475662.png

Kasireddyvina_1-1615213513059.png

Please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

This may be due to the filtering direction of the table relationship. Try to create a measure and apply it to the visual levle filter.

measure = if(max('dim'[country]) in values('fact'[country]),1,0)

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

This may be due to the filtering direction of the table relationship. Try to create a measure and apply it to the visual levle filter.

measure = if(max('dim'[country]) in values('fact'[country]),1,0)

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , This case for better result, You need to have Qtr, year, Qtr Year and Rank all in a separate table

I called it Date, but is can any table, but not part fact table

This Qtr = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Qtr Rank]=max('Date'[Qtr Rank])))
Last Qtr = CALCULATE(sum('order'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Qtr Rank]=max('Date'[Qtr Rank])-1))

Power BI — Qtr on Qtr with or Without Time Intelligence
https://medium.com/@amitchandak.1978/power-bi-qtd-questions-time-intelligence-2-5-d842063da839
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-TlVx7P0A0

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak , When I am using separate dim table for year quarter I'm getting unwanted records

Ex- in my fact table I have data for 5 Quarters (2020-Q1 to 2021-Q1), but when I'm relateing the fact and dim table using year-qtr column and ploting the visual, I'm getting unwated quarters which i dont have in fact table.  ex:- 2021-Q2, 2021-Q3 and 2021-Q4 

Kasireddyvina_0-1615267301881.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.