cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rolling 3 Months Sales Forecast Snapshots

Hi All,

I have monthly snapshot of my CRM that captures all opportunities and key information:

Snapshot DateAccountForecast DateAmount
2018-11-1ABC2019-1-221000
2018-11-1XYZ2018-12-222000
2018-12-1ABC2019-5-221500
2018-12-1XYZ2019-1-152000

I'm trying to create a measure from this table that sums the amount for any opportunity scheduled to close 3 months from the snapshot date. I've tried the following, 

Rolling = CALCULATE(SUM('OppHistory'[Amount]),FILTER('OppHistory','OppHistory'[Forecast Date]>='OppHistory'[Snapshot Date]),FILTER('OppHistory','OppHistory'[Forecast Date]<=DATEADD('OppHistory'[Snapshot Date],3,MONTH)))

but for some reason, when I put this into a chart where the axis is "snapshot date" it cuts off the last two months. Can anyone help me with this measure?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Rolling 3 Months Sales Forecast Snapshots

Hi,

The answer should be 5000.  This measure works

=SUMX(FILTER(SUMMARIZE(Data,[Snapshot Date],[Account],"ABCD",EDATE(MIN([Snapshot Date]),3),"EFGH",MIN([Forecast Date]),"IJKL",SUM(Data[Amount])),[EFGH]<=[ABCD]),[IJKL])

Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 337 members 3,588 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: