Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

crobaseball
Helper II
Helper II

Rolling 12 months is going into the future

Hi, I'm using the quick measure for rolling average over the last 12 months.  But it's giving me a strange line on my Line and Stacked Bar Chart.  It's creating a line which is going 12 months into the future.  The other strange is that the rolling 12 month average should then go to 0, but it's showing actual values.

Anyone know why it's doing this?

(I'd like to also attach the actual dashboard, but the data connection is to some google analytics data, which naturally won't be supplied, so I can't.)

crobaseball_0-1620236066088.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was using a date table, but it was adjusting to a different metric.  Switched to creating the table in M and it solved the problem!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

what is your calculation measure?  how is the data linked together.  are you using a date table?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

I was using a date table, but it was adjusting to a different metric.  Switched to creating the table in M and it solved the problem!

Did the additional information I provided help to clarify the problem?

Calculation measure is Total revenue, which is the revenue from 2 separate tables.  They are linked with a date table.

Total Revenue := SUM([Desktop Revenue]) + SUM([Mobile Revenue])

crobaseball_0-1620246580113.png

crobaseball_1-1620246592460.png

hi, i need to see your rolling 12 month measure  too, is possible to change your visual to a table to see the values?  its really hard to figure out the problem without seeing the data itself.   what date are you plotting?  

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

hi Vanessa, i solved the problem.  i was using CALENDARAUTO which was then adjusting to my  12-month rolling average calculation.  i created a separate calendar in M.  thanks for responding!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.