Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Roll back to older version of PBI desktop?

Hi, we've hit a show-stopper bug in Power BI that impacts both the May 2018 and June 2018 releases, but works properly in the April 2018 version. I'm thinking about asking our desktop engineering team to revert everyone back to the April 2018 version. I've done this personally - but any file I've saved with a newer version shows a warning when I open it. It doesn't stop me from working on it, and everything "seems" to work ok, but I'm very nervous about doing this.

Has anyone else done this - and did you run into any issues?

Thanks,

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alexei7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi Scott,

We've done this organisationally when a bug hits us in a new release and have not run into any issues so far...

Alex

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
alexei7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi Scott,

We've done this organisationally when a bug hits us in a new release and have not run into any issues so far...

Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Alexei, appreciate the feedback. This scares me - but we don't have a lot of options at this point.

Appreciate the help!

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.