Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Roles and Skills Analysis - Similarity in Roles

Hi All,

I am not able to get this logic working in my dashboard for one of my projects, do let me know how to solve this in Power BI for the following scenario:-

1) When a user selects a role, the visual has to show underlying skills associated with that role. It shouold also show closest roles sorted by skill similarity.

For example, Account Manager role has 6 associated skills. Account Manager role is closest to Demand Manager role, as they have 3 skills in common. Business Manager role is the second closest one to Account Manager role, etc.

Please find the link to the data:-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TbWId-ZvTvHudYwyfIWdjrVxNVSDx-MCpLlXcel0Av8/edit?usp=sharing

Picture1.png

Thank you for your help!!

@amitchandak @parry2k @VijayP 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

I have create a first level view. Check this and in the mean time will be sharing much improved version

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for helping out this is somewhat similar to requirement that I have but I would need the analysis without having a filter on ET Skill and which would give the exact story as per the end user requirement.

Harish12137_0-1612247669765.png

I am greatful for your help.

@VijayP 

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

If you could share some sample data it is much easier to give logical solution!

I mean , need to understand the data structure!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vijay, 

Thanks for taking time to reply.. please find the link to the dummy data. Those are the only 2 columns in the table given by the end user. Hope this help:-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TbWId-ZvTvHudYwyfIWdjrVxNVSDx-MCpLlXcel0Av8/edit?usp=sharing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.