Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dcheckai

Role Level Security & Data Filtering

Data Formation is a table with clients and a table with projects. They are linked by clientID. Each object can have a "leader".

I am using Role Level Security to say if the logged in user is either, they should have access to the data. However, then I want the ability for a filter for the user to choose to look at their data as a "Client Leader" or a "Project Leader". For instance, if they select "Client Leader" they would see ALL projects, regardless of Project Leader.

I have a Table Named "Leader Type" with the two rows "Client" and "Project" available to use as a filter. I cannot figure out how to allow this filtering to occur and get the data back with only 1 RLS group, plus a filter. Any help is appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @dcheckai,

Instead of thinking of showing your users a filter for seeing the Client Leader view or the Project View, you can create 2 Bookmarks one for Client and other one for Project.

Now you can implement RLS in your report.

This RLS will be applicable in the report for both the bookmarks based on the security that you provide in the Data Model

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dcheckai,

Would you please provide some dummy data to illustrate your scenario? How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

How does the RLS work to restrict data access in your scenario?

"For instance, if they select "Client Leader" they would see ALL projects, regardless of Project Leader." Please show some examples.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.