Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

isabella2003199
Frequent Visitor

Risk matrix chart in Power BI

Hi everyone,

I am using Power BI desktop. I have to produce a risk matrix allowing me to combine different values once having filtered by two slicers.

I mean, I have different products with a unique code, each product has an instrinsic risk due to the complexity of its production. So for example I have a table like this:

Product code     |       Risk

abc                               2

def                               10

Then, I have different Suppliers that in the same way have an instrinsic risk due to their way of producing products, their reliability and so on.. having a table like this:

Supplier name     |       Risk

Company A                      7

Company B                     15

I have to plot on a dynamic chart the different combination letting me know to which supplier to assign a product code having the lowest combined risk (for example by checking with slicers I can give the abc product to company b while I cannot do the same with product def since the resulting risk combination will be too high).

I have tried to use the scatter chart but I cannot find a solution.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @isabella2003199,

Since there is no relationship between above two tables, you can combine them via CrossJoin.

Cross Table =
ADDCOLUMNS (
    CROSSJOIN ( 'Product Table', 'Supplier Table' ),
    "Total risk", 'Product Table'[Risk in product] + 'Supplier Table'[Risk in supplier]
)

1.PNG

Then, you can insert a matrix visual to display data. Besides, if you want to highlight the high risk combination, you can enable "Conditional formatting" option.

3.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @isabella2003199,

Since there is no relationship between above two tables, you can combine them via CrossJoin.

Cross Table =
ADDCOLUMNS (
    CROSSJOIN ( 'Product Table', 'Supplier Table' ),
    "Total risk", 'Product Table'[Risk in product] + 'Supplier Table'[Risk in supplier]
)

1.PNG

Then, you can insert a matrix visual to display data. Besides, if you want to highlight the high risk combination, you can enable "Conditional formatting" option.

3.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.