Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Risk matrix chart in Power BI

Hi,

I am trying to create a risk matrix chart in Power BI like the one shown below. The elements in the matrix must have filter capabilities whereby clicking on an element should show all the projects which are of that risk

I imagine this can be done by modifying the slicer function

Has anybody done something like this?

Thanks

image_thumb[12].png

12 REPLIES 12
Tlasolutions
trutz
Advocate III
Advocate III

The scatter chart is interactive. You can click a data point in the chart to filter all other visuals and vice versa.

RD2019
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous Have you been able to achieve this?

trutz
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi,

I found a rather nice solution by using a scatter chart and aligning the "plot area" with an image that displays the matrix:

Risk MatrixRisk Matrix

Dears:

Following with what @trutz has suggested, I have created a background image to set on "Plot" area,

In my case, I'm trying to build a Kraljic Matrix, very useful in purchasing.

Source:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jwebb/2017/02/28/what-is-the-kraljic-matrix/#430105fe675f

Using Adobe Indesing (specially for aligning features this software has built in), I have created a cross adding some text right close to central dot.

The image I have created is larger than the visual itself, specially thinking in "Focus Mode". In my case, the visual is 960 pixels width, 350 height, and the picture created is 1280*1024 (screen resolution).

In any case, you can adjust the picture using "Image fit options" on "Plot Area" Section.

Here the picture:

Matriz Krajlic.jpg

Here how the scatter chart looks like:

Matriz Krajlic PowerBi.JPG

Note: this is fully functional and interactive with other visualations.

Hope it helps.Smiley Very Happy

Regards,

Hi,

How do you incorporate the color´s to the matrix?

I created an Excel sheet that had the same width/heigth ratio for the cells as the scatter plot area.

Then I coloured the cells and took a screenshot of that. I then added the picture as background picture to the plot area.Create color chartCreate color chart

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,I shall try this out. Is it possible to make it interactive? I want the slicers to filter the other visuals on the page

Hi,

How do you incorporate the color´s to the matrix?

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

There's no such "risk matrix chart" in Power BI. You can check this idea Risk Matrix and vote it up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eric_Zhang

That link you refer to in your reply is my post. Is there a way to do this using existing charts?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Eric_Zhang

That link you refer to in your reply is my post. Is there a way to do this using existing charts?

@Anonymous

Check this Risk Matrix. Not the exactly way, but you can try a column/bar chart which's axis show risk severity.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.