Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dapster105
Advocate III
Advocate III

Right-click page list has dissappeared! Page management getting even worse?

Hi,

It used to be possible to right-click the small page navigation arrows (bottom-left) to bring up a menu showing all the pages in the report, allowing you to quickly jump to the desired page.

At some point over the last few months this options has dissappeared!

The page management experience in Desktop is already appalling for a variety of reasons (see below), but this is a very regressive step. Please put it back!

While you're at it, please take sympathy on those of us who have to work with reports containing 100 or more pages in them. Please please please can we have:

- New page (after current page, not at the end!)

- Move page to position n (currently have to repeatedly drag a page across the crummy tab-based navigator, maybe 30 times(!!) to get a new page from the back of the report to the front)

These are really basic things that make using Desktop a nighmare for power users, and they are such simple things to fix! The best way would be to ditch the rubbish 'tab' navigation along the bottom and introduce a Pages panel on the right alongside existing Filter, Visualizations, Fields etc. with all the functionality mentioned above.

Thanks,

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dapster105 ,

Sorry for that we have a test and the latest version doesn’t have this function.

The Version (November 2019) has this function, but the Version (June 2020) hasn’t it.

R 1.jpg

R 2.jpg

We think this function is turned off for some reason.

And we suggest perhaps you can submit the requirement to ideas and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner : https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dapster105 ,

Sorry for that we have a test and the latest version doesn’t have this function.

The Version (November 2019) has this function, but the Version (June 2020) hasn’t it.

R 1.jpg

R 2.jpg

We think this function is turned off for some reason.

And we suggest perhaps you can submit the requirement to ideas and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner : https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-zhenbw-msft for taking the time to confirm this loss of functionality. I would have hoped that something like this could be flagged up to the product team directly?

Unfortunately, I won't be posting to ideas.powerbi for 2 reasons:

1. It is quite possible that this has been done deliberately. Microsoft has a habit of being a bit cowardly about telling customers it doesn't really want them. This seems to me like they might be saying "hey, we don't really want you guys to do anything too complicated or big with our stuff" but of course, will never actually say that - just cripple the features until we take the hint and move to Tableau or elsewhere.

2. Direct democracy - counting 'votes' - is a very poor way to prioritise feature improvements. The small number of power users (unless they have a direct 'corporate' line to MS) will always be ignored in favour of a larger clamour for a new font or some other trivial enhancement.

Those of us who have invested in building solutions using powerbi, embed and very sophisticated workflows with a large number of pages have effectively been told - PowerBI doesn't want you.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

This was confirmed in an earlier thread that the feature was gone. I'm not sure anyone answered the question about whether it was permanent or a bug but I think it has been gone 2 releases now, since April. @dapster105

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.