cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Right approach in Folder load on folder design ?

Hi All

I am still not sure for the right approach on to put all the raw data file in one folder or to save them in individual folder ? Hope some one can share with me.

Paulyeo11_0-1604478159270.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Paulyeo11 When you are importing files from your folder, instead of selecting combine and transform data, select transform data.

on your powequery you will get the list of all the files, right click on the binary option and select add as a new query to select individual files. 

negi007_0-1604479710600.png

Once you have all your files in powerquery window, then you can select and merge them into one

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Paulyeo11 When you are importing files from your folder, instead of selecting combine and transform data, select transform data.

on your powequery you will get the list of all the files, right click on the binary option and select add as a new query to select individual files. 

negi007_0-1604479710600.png

Once you have all your files in powerquery window, then you can select and merge them into one

View solution in original post

Hi Negi

Let said i put all the file in one folder , and for the start i select one file to PBI , and when it work fine , Can i still add more similar data structure file to PBI ? or i need to select all the file and combine them ?

Paul

Hi negi 

I have found the solution now. thank you.

Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Paulyeo11 - save all the files in one folder, and when the files are loaded in Power BI, they will get loaded with the respective file names.

Nikhil
Power BI Community Resident Rockstar
Hit the Thumbs-up button if you find this informative!! Mark this post as solution if it helps you.

Hi Sir

it there a way i can select to load only file name with AP_XX.SCV ? So that i can group these file as Account Payable. and AR_XX.CSV for Account Receivable. 

Can 

Paulyeo11_0-1604478705638.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Happy New Year from Power BI

This is a must watch for a message from Power BI!

December Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2020 Updates!

Community Blog

Check it Out!

Click here to read the latest blog and learn more about contributing to the Power BI blog!

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors