Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Paulyeo11
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Right approach in Folder load on folder design ?

Hi All

I am still not sure for the right approach on to put all the raw data file in one folder or to save them in individual folder ? Hope some one can share with me.

Paulyeo11_0-1604478159270.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Paulyeo11 When you are importing files from your folder, instead of selecting combine and transform data, select transform data.

on your powequery you will get the list of all the files, right click on the binary option and select add as a new query to select individual files. 

negi007_0-1604479710600.png

Once you have all your files in powerquery window, then you can select and merge them into one

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Paulyeo11 When you are importing files from your folder, instead of selecting combine and transform data, select transform data.

on your powequery you will get the list of all the files, right click on the binary option and select add as a new query to select individual files. 

negi007_0-1604479710600.png

Once you have all your files in powerquery window, then you can select and merge them into one

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Paulyeo11
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi Negi

Let said i put all the file in one folder , and for the start i select one file to PBI , and when it work fine , Can i still add more similar data structure file to PBI ? or i need to select all the file and combine them ?

Paul

Paulyeo11
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi negi 

I have found the solution now. thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Paulyeo11 - save all the files in one folder, and when the files are loaded in Power BI, they will get loaded with the respective file names.

Paulyeo11
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi Sir

it there a way i can select to load only file name with AP_XX.SCV ? So that i can group these file as Account Payable. and AR_XX.CSV for Account Receivable. 

Can 

Paulyeo11_0-1604478705638.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.