cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Ribbon in PBI Desktop stops working

I'm with Johan on this.  Frozen ribbon pretty much all the time.  It unfreezes after several minutes but it's really a show stopper.  I have to stop everything I'm doing to start something else (not using Power BI and hope that when I come back to it I can 1) hope it is unfrozen 2) remember what I was trying to do in the first place.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

@mdslater I learned a trick in this thread that has worked everytime. Whenever the Power BI ribbon is frozen, I click over to another Microsoft program with a ribbon and then click back. It unfreezes the Power BI ribbon every single time. I always have Outlook open, so I just change focus to that and back.  I hope that helps you. 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Same issue... Minimizing and Maximizing the screen makes the ribbon responsive again. Lastest Release. Been happening to me for a while. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I am surprised that Microsoft has not fixed this issue. I have had the same issue over and over, and I keep saying that it will be fixed in the next release. Given that this issue has been around for well over 3 years and there is a release every month, why is it still here? I have been struggling with this for some time. I realise that there is a workaround by moving the focus, but that is not a fix. Thanks.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

as of the november update, it is still happening. 

Version: 2.75.5649.961 64-bit (November 2019)

The app remains semi-functional, it is still possible to switch Report - Data - Model for example. 

Sometimes it unfreezes, other times the app must be closed and reopened. 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks, that worked for me!

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

We are thrilled to announce we will begin running a monthly webinar series named Power BI Dev Camp.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors