Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ribbon Tooltips (ALT+Win) not working for me?

Hi Folks,

Using latest Power BI Desktop Version: 2.91.884.0 64-bit (March 2021),

Ribbon Keytips (Alt+Win) not working for me, tried 3 different desktop/PC/laptop installations of PBI but does not appear to be working...

MS Docs https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-ribbon 

R3qu1r3m3nt5_0-1618573193095.png

Searched for issue but cant see it curretly listed (and not a preview feature/option as far as I can tell), anyone else having issues with Ribbon/Keytips/Hot Keys? 

Is it possible to set up custom keyboard shortcut(s) for ribbon button navigation in PBI Desktop as a workaround (would like to set up for UI functions)?  Current Keyboard shortcuts seem to be limited.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-accessibility-keyboard-shortcuts 

Cant seem to see options/combinations to tab/arrow/shift/ctrl through the leys even e.g Home/Search, I am probably missing something.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I tested Alt+Win with the same version of Power BI Desktop, it worked fine on my side.

Did you click the Alt first and then the Win button?

To my kbowledge, it is not yet supported to custom ribbon menus in Power BI Desktop. 

You could let the power bi community to know this things and give your votes at power bi site's feedback here in  Ideas like this: Options with Customize Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Thanks for your feedback!😀

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Evelyn,

I have determined that my PBI Desktop issue is as a result of using Teamviewer session (working from home), Keytips appear on PBID using a native laptop but do not appear whebn using Teamviewer to connect to my workplace desktop PC, so the issue is likely use of Teamviewer remote access/remote control software (not interpreting keyboard button selection(s) correctly) and not PBID.

I will mark this as resolved, thank you for taking the time to help with this issue, much appreciated (I have up-voted 'Options with Customize Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar'

enhancement).

Best regards,

Clive

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I tested Alt+Win with the same version of Power BI Desktop, it worked fine on my side.

Did you click the Alt first and then the Win button?

To my kbowledge, it is not yet supported to custom ribbon menus in Power BI Desktop. 

You could let the power bi community to know this things and give your votes at power bi site's feedback here in  Ideas like this: Options with Customize Ribbon and Quick Access Toolbar

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors