Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Barbaros_Yamak
Frequent Visitor

Reverse filtering slicers visual update on slicer according to slicer selection

Hi everyone,

I have a slicer on top that working with reverse logic basically if you select something from top you will see rest of the data. What i can't do is that visual updates on slicers.

Barbaros_Yamak_0-1630580027009.png

Let me explain, each campaign has certain tags in it and what i am trying to do here is if you select one or multiple filter from top slicer, it needs to be left with tags within remaining data.

For example if you select Tag8,

Barbaros_Yamak_1-1630580707662.png

it should only contain the tags from below table not all of the tags.

Barbaros_Yamak_2-1630580804011.png

You can find example pbi here.

Thanks ,

Barbaros

11 REPLIES 11
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Barbaros_Yamak ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Oooh,  there be dragons.  You want to do a Many to Many relationship with bidirectional search.  That is rather adventurous.  It might work for your narrow scenario but it will fail as soon as you add more tables.

You wouldn't use the disconnected bridge table, only the regular one.  You'll need to adjust your measures accordingy.

There is already a many to many relationship between bridge and main data. Also i cannot remove the bridgedisconnected because that is how i make reverse slicer work 😞

Thanks

Barbaros

Yes, you have a many to many relationship already but it is Single direction.  Make it "Both"  and you will see that the disconnected table is no longer needed.

Not sure if you realize this but you're moving into Qlik's territory (associative model)

Yes, I would rather not use Many to many and i will try your suggestions and let you know.

I am just trying to check what is requested from me is possible 🙂

Thanks

Barbaros

I would recommend that you go with your existing solution and accept/ignore the fact that the slicer may contain tags that are not present when you exclude certain other tags.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Looking at your pbix you have already implemented the approach that I was proposing, and it looks to be working as far as I can tell. Where does it not do what you want?

Reverse slicer working but what i want to do is, if you select Tag8 for example; on the same slicer i want to hide not existed tag. you can see in third image that i dont have any campaign with Tag6 if i select Tag8 ( i.e. Tag6 )

P.S. : you can check second and third picture from first post for the example

Thanks

Barbaros

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

In such a scenario you would be using EXCEPT() and FILTERS()

ie   

if(COUNTROWS(EXCEPT(Table column,FILTERS(slicer column))>0,show,hide)

Hi @lbendlin  ,

Thanks for the reply.

But there is no show / hide function in PBI as far as i know.

test = if(COUNTROWS(EXCEPT(BridgeDisconnected,FILTERS(BridgeDisconnected[tag]))>0,show,hide)

Barbaros_Yamak_0-1630919058177.png

Thanks

Barbaros

Sorry, should have tagged it as meta code. You were supposed to replace these with your respective calculations.

Please provide sample data in usable format (not as a picture - maybe insert into a table?) and show the expected outcome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.