Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Qazybek
Frequent Visitor

Reverse calculation in DAX

Dear friends,

Does somebody know how to realize reverse calculations in DAX?

Like this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Qazybek,

There are lot of difference in dax formula between power bi and excel pivot table, some functions only available to excel and some dax functions only works on power bi side.

I don't think a complex formula can works well on them at same time. Can you please share a sample file to test?

In addition, you can also take a look at following links about circular dependency:

Avoiding circular dependency errors in DAX

Understanding Circular Dependencies in Tabular and PowerPivot

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Qazybek,

Did you mean unselected items?  If this is a case, you can use dax formula to get reverse selection items to calculate unselected part.

Sample measure:

measure =
VAR list =
    ALLSELECTED ( Table[Column] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Table[Amount] ),
        FILTER ( ALL ( Table ), NOT ( Table[Column] IN list ) )
    )

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

Thank you for the reply! Somehow formulas on my Excel sheet disappeared, so I updated the link 🙂

I think that I am very close to the final solution but can't get the final calculation. The error is a circular dependency.

Is there any way to make it differently?

HI @Qazybek,

There are lot of difference in dax formula between power bi and excel pivot table, some functions only available to excel and some dax functions only works on power bi side.

I don't think a complex formula can works well on them at same time. Can you please share a sample file to test?

In addition, you can also take a look at following links about circular dependency:

Avoiding circular dependency errors in DAX

Understanding Circular Dependencies in Tabular and PowerPivot

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Hi @v-shex-msft,

Thank you very much for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.