cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HEZZ
Frequent Visitor

Revenue vs Target in Pie Chart

I have 2 tables (Transactions & Target), these 2 tables are related to a date table.

When I divide the sum of the [revenue] by the sum of the [target], I get a percentage value

for example: 164 / 630, I get 26%, which is totally fine.

Percentage.png

When I try to put that onto a Pie Chart, I get 20% for Revenue & 80% for Target, which is totally fine as well, since Pie Chart represents "part of a whole"

Pie.png

Is there a possibility, that I have a Pie Chart that represents the 26%? which represents the Revenue in comparison to the Target.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Revenue vs Target in Pie Chart

Hi HEZZ, 

You should know when you put two measure in chart, it will calulate percentage of total value in chart, so you will get 20%(164/(164+630)=20%). So if you want to get correct percentage, you could putthis value in Card or put this value in tooltip in chart to see whether it work or not

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @HEZZ ,

Assuming that the #Total revenue to total target% is a measure, just do a new measure:

Other = 1 - [Total revenue to total target%]

Format as percentage and place both measure on your pie chart without any other option filled out on the pie chart.

Should work as expected.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Community Support
Community Support

Hi HEZZ, 

You should know when you put two measure in chart, it will calulate percentage of total value in chart, so you will get 20%(164/(164+630)=20%). So if you want to get correct percentage, you could putthis value in Card or put this value in tooltip in chart to see whether it work or not

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors