Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Revenue in KPI Card not aligning with Line Graph

I have a feeling I'm doing something dumb, but I cannot figure it out for the life of me. I've got a KPI card that compares Revenue and Budget. The calculations for those measures are below:

Revenue = SUM(Hospital_Detail[REVENUE])

Budget = SUM(Hospital_Detail[BUDGET])

Here is what the data looks like. I have a slicer that filters the data b/t 1/1/21 - 1/31/21. On the line graph I have the data broken down by week. On the KPI card I have the trend axis set to the same Date field that the slicer is created from.

cbb4_0-1620330655258.png

The only filter on both of these visuals is the Date slicer from my calendar table (see model below):

cbb4_1-1620330879980.png

The KPI card should be summing up all of the data for each day within the date slicer, but it's not doing that. I pulled the data in SQL and the Revenue line graph shows the correct aggregation of data. The KPI card shows a vastly understated Revenue figure and I can't figure out why. Am I missing something obvious?

2 REPLIES 2
daxer-almighty
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Not enough info to answer your question. The only thing I'd question right away is the cross-filter to Calendar. This almost certainly is wrong.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you be a little more specific? What kind of info do you need?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.