Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Returning unique values (first login, last logout) based on date-rules in Power Query

Hi 

I have this table where I want it to give me unique values of MemberName who has been on duty. Unfortunately, some members do make mistakes when loggin in or out. Example below John who log in at 07:50 on the 2nd of nov by mistake and then logs out 6 minutes later. He later logs in correctly the same day but at 20:00. I want it to give me logged in at 20:00 and logged out at 08:07.

Udklip.JPG

At the moment I use this formula to find the value where members logged in and logged out. But with mistakes like the ones above this doesnt work: 

= Table.Group(#"Added Custom", {"ResourceID", "InvoicingDate", "ShiftName", "CrewMemberId", "CrewMemberName"}, {{"FørsteLogin", each List.Min([CrewMemberSignOnTime]), type datetime}, {"SidsteLogout", each List.Max([CrewMemberSignOffTime]), type datetime}})

It returns: 

Udklip2.JPG

And I want it to be like this: where mistakes, which is to be determinded by a login and logout with in 30 min are taken into account in the formula
Udklip3.JPG

Thanks!,

Mikkel

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Please create a measure in your table to check if duration is greater then 30 minutes

Measure = 
VAR _login = MAX('Table'[TimeOfLogin])
VAR _logout = MAX('Table'[TimeOfLogout])
VAR _duration = DATEDIFF(_login,_logout,MINUTE)
RETURN IF(_duration>30,TRUE(),FALSE())

Now go to modeling tab and create a table 

Final table = FILTER('Table',[Measure]=TRUE())

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

What I really were looking for was a formula in M-language or another query. 
Can you make this in power query instead? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.