Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gokul
Helper IV
Helper IV

Return records from slicer

Is it possible to the return the records from slicer??

My scenario will be like, if am selecting any filters from slicers, then I have to add some message (ie) Filter is applied!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gokul

Place the following measure in a Card visual. It will show a list of the items selected in the slicer (if any). You can change the text message and delimiter as you see fit.  Table1[Column In Slicer] is the field in your slicer

ShowSlicerContents =
IF (
    ISFILTERED ( Table1[Column In Slicer] );
    "Filter aplied. Values:" & UNICHAR ( 10 )
        & CONCATENATEX ( DISTINCT ( Table1[Column In Slicer] ); Table1[Column In Slicer]; ", " );
    "No filter applied"
)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gokul

Place the following measure in a Card visual. It will show a list of the items selected in the slicer (if any). You can change the text message and delimiter as you see fit.  Table1[Column In Slicer] is the field in your slicer

ShowSlicerContents =
IF (
    ISFILTERED ( Table1[Column In Slicer] );
    "Filter aplied. Values:" & UNICHAR ( 10 )
        & CONCATENATEX ( DISTINCT ( Table1[Column In Slicer] ); Table1[Column In Slicer]; ", " );
    "No filter applied"
)

Thanks @AlB i have tried with selectedvalue and forgot to use isfiltered ..haha thanks anyway !!!!!!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.