Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Return (*) on tables and graphs when a certain column value is less than 4 - conditional formatting

Hi, 

I have a data where if Gender for either catagory is less than 4, then I want to reflect (*) on both the stacked bar chart and table. 

I am looking for help on how to do this conditional formatting. 

For example, in the attached graph, I want the males to be designated with an * both in the table and graph. However, I want the size of male proportions to remain same- just the value will change when any of the categories of gender is less than 4. 

Thank you, 

Mike1896_0-1661187449829.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous attached PBIX file has the logic, check calculation group with TE and you will see it there.

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous attached PBIX file has the logic, check calculation group with TE and you will see it there.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous just to let you know it is a bit involved if you are new to Power BI, anyhow, see attached pbix file, there is a slicer, and if you select "Yes", it will turn the label to * otherwise it will show the %. It doesn't matter whatever visual you are using, it will work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, this is what I want. Do you have the code that I can use in tabular editor to achieve  this for any selected measures? 

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous You need to use calculation groups to achieve this? did you ever use CG?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No i have ot. I am new to power Bi. How many I do that?

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous is this what you are looking for:

parry2k_0-1661193058101.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, 

That is what I am looking for. Also want the 1s in the matrix table under to be *. How do I do such conditional formating ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.