Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

remi
Advocate II
Advocate II

Return different sizes of stringed characters that is between a work with colon and enter

Hello all, hello @Greg_Deckler.

Trying to return data from a cell with many rows  of information, the information that I'm looking to extract is between:

(word: )  and enter (moved to the next row in the same cell - alt+enter), this information is not fixed in size, it can go from 10 characters to 29 or even more.

tried to use 

New Column = VAR Position = SEARCH ( "Yard", Table1[Column],, 0 ) - 3 RETURN TRIM ( MID ( Table1[Column], Position, 2 ) )

- but it dosent have an end so I can't adjust to the variable size.

Will it be possible to build a DAX to extract that? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @remi

Could you provide more detailed information, such as an example of the information and which value you want to get from the information.

Best Regards

Maggie

Hello @v-juanli-msft,

Thank you for getting back to me!

The information that I'm looking for is within a cell with multiple rows, and only one of that row contains the string of characters that needed to be returned in this exercise.

The data looks like this:

row

row

typology: Information that I want

row

row

row

so the delimiters should be "typology: " and "alt+enter" (or what character is used to represent the changing of the row), also the information wanted - Information that I want -  to be retrieved is not fixed in size, it's made of a different number of words and a different number of characters. What do you think can this be achieved? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.