Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

garyvanceTIL
Frequent Visitor

Return a list of values <= a selected date

Im having an issue with a customer requirement. 

My data set is a list of names, ID's and dates that a person logged into a server.  My report has a table visual showing the list of Names.

garyvanceTIL_1-1631734661101.png

I have a slicer with Date field. What the customer wants is to be able to select a date and then be able to see all data returned that is <= that paticular date.  This worked perfectly using the Date Between slicer.

garyvanceTIL_2-1631734726743.png

garyvanceTIL_0-1631734633242.png

The issue is the user wants dates in a dropdown. As it stands, when I select a date from the dropdown it will only show me results pertaining to that paticular date.  Another issue is that the customer already has this setup with Tableau and it was easily done with Parameters, it doesnt seem so easy with PBI.

I've gone down a few rabbit holes today with a few different solutions relating to bar charts, i cant find anything relating to a table. Any help would be greatly appreciated!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @systematical88 , Thanks for replying, that exact solution didnt work, but I was able to find another answer that worked a treat and was along the same line as what you said! Thanks a mil! 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Date-flag-based-on-slicer-selection-and-Dynamic-measure-val...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @garyvanceTIL 

Has your problem been solved ? If it has been solved, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

systematical88
Frequent Visitor

I am sure someone else has a better solution but this method will work. You can create a new column which says: magic column = if([your date] <= selectedvalue([your date], [your date]),1,0). Once you have the magic column, you use the filter pane to apply that filter = 1 to your table visual (or the whole page / report if you have other stuff that needs to follow the same rule.

Hi @systematical88 , Thanks for replying, that exact solution didnt work, but I was able to find another answer that worked a treat and was along the same line as what you said! Thanks a mil! 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Date-flag-based-on-slicer-selection-and-Dynamic-measure-val...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.