Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Return Latest Price for Multiple Lines

Hello all!  First off, thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide, it is greatly appreciated!

I have done a lot of searching, and can't quite find anything that I can get to work.  As someone who is very much a Power BI novice, I'm certain that the problem lies with me, but if anyone can walk me through a solution it would be absolutely wonderful.

Here's the situation:

I have 2 tables that I am pulling from D365: 'InventItemPrices' and 'InventorySitesOn-Hand'.  The 'InventorySitesOn-Hand' table provides [ItemNumber] as well as the [OnHandQuantity], but no Value for the on-hand quantity.  While 'InventItemPrices' provides [Price] for each [ItemNumber].  However each [ItemNumber] is shown multiple times, based on the [PriceCreatedDateTime] that the [Price] was updated in the system.

So for example, in the 'InventItemPrices' table, it would show [ItemNumber] X00123456 5 times, each time with a different [PriceCreatedDateTime].

Whether it's in the 'InventItemPrices' table or the 'InventorySitesOn-Hand' table, I'm trying to be able to have just the [Price] for the latest [PriceCreatedDateTime] so that I can then multiply it by the [OnHandQuantity] and get the actual on-hand value.

I'm trying to do this creating a new column instead of a measure, only because the resources I was able to find used that as the solution.  However after doing a lot of searching, I was able to only get as far as getting a column that yields the last [PriceCreatedDateTime] but not the actual Value per [ItemNumber] corresponding to that last date.  😞  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Based on your description, I created data to reproduce your scenario.

InventorySitesOn-Hand:

d1.png

InventItemPrices:

d2.png

There is many-to-one relationship between 'InventItemPrices' and 'InventorySitesOn-Hand' tables.

You may create a calculated column in InventorySitesOn-Hand as below.

Result = 
var _itemnum = 'InventorySitesOn-Hand'[ItemNumber]
var _latestdatetime = 
CALCULATE(
    MAX(InventItemPrices[PriceCreatedDateTime]),
    FILTER(
        ALL(InventItemPrices),
        InventItemPrices[ItemNumber] = _itemnum
    )
)
var _price = 
CALCULATE(
    SUM(InventItemPrices[Price]),
    FILTER(
        ALL(InventItemPrices),
        InventItemPrices[PriceCreatedDateTime] = _latestdatetime&&
    )
)
return
[OnHandQuantity]*_price

Result:

d3.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
luchitogiuse
Frequent Visitor

@v-alq-msft THANKSS!!  i've been trying for days! 

It helped me a lot! thanks for your help! 

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Based on your description, I created data to reproduce your scenario.

InventorySitesOn-Hand:

d1.png

InventItemPrices:

d2.png

There is many-to-one relationship between 'InventItemPrices' and 'InventorySitesOn-Hand' tables.

You may create a calculated column in InventorySitesOn-Hand as below.

Result = 
var _itemnum = 'InventorySitesOn-Hand'[ItemNumber]
var _latestdatetime = 
CALCULATE(
    MAX(InventItemPrices[PriceCreatedDateTime]),
    FILTER(
        ALL(InventItemPrices),
    )
)
var _price = 
CALCULATE(
    SUM(InventItemPrices[Price]),
    FILTER(
        ALL(InventItemPrices),
        InventItemPrices[PriceCreatedDateTime] = _latestdatetime&&
    )
)
return
[OnHandQuantity]*_price

Result:

d3.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @v-alq-msft

I am trying to apply the formula you posted here to a very similar dataset to the one you created in your post. The only difference is that I have more than one entry in InventorySitesOn-Hand table for each itemNumber. I mean I have the closing balance inventory for each item for each month end, so my table looks like the one below:

image.png

I have change the field of your formula with the corrsponding field in my dataset but an issue with the var -lastestdatetime appears and I cant not figure out how to solve it. 

Below the formula of my dataset:

inv_value = 
var _itemnum = Inventarios[art]
var _latestdatetime = 
CALCULATE(
    MAX(ARTIMP[costo_unitario_usd];
    FILTER(
        ALL(ARTIMP);
        ARTIMP[art] = _itemnum
    )
)
var _price = 
CALCULATE(
    SUM(ARTIMP[costo_unitario_usd]);
    FILTER(
        ALL(ARTIMP);
        ARTIMP[fecha] = _latestdatetime&&  ARTIMP[art] = _itemnum

)
)
return
[cant]*_price​<p>  I will appreciate very much your help to solve this issue.</p><p>Best regrads,</p><p>Andrés</p>

@v-alq-msft 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-alq-msft Allan - thank you SOOOOO much for your help!  I had been spinning my wheels for days trying to research this and figure this out to no-avail.  I am very much appreciative!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.