Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Turka89
Helper I
Helper I

Retriving data of a column from a table to another table

Hi Community,

I have 2 tables one is Requisition and another is Vacancy. Both have common and different columns also different data. a relationship is active via VacancyID 

There is a column exist only in Requisition called RequisitionNumber which is used to calculate the number of Requisitions.  I have used Division column to differentiate which requsition belong to.  

I have applied a measure called Total Requisition on both Tables. Please see below Screenshot

ReqJ.PNG

VacJ.PNG

There are missing numbers of data from Requisition Table in VacancyID and Vacancy Title columns which cause the number of Requisition to fall down in Vacancy Table. Please see below Screenshot

MissingData.PNG

If There are data in VacancyID and Vacancy Title assigned to Engineer Requisitions in Requisition table then numbers of Requsitions should be matched in both table.

In Vacancy Table you can find those missing Vacancies in Requisition table

DatainVac.PNG

I can't simply add those missing data to Requsition table. I need a way to retrive them rather adding them

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Turka89 

You said that  "a relationship is active via VacancyID". Therefore, I am confused about another sentence you said: "Number of missing data in the request table in VacancyID and Vacancy Title". 

Could you please share  more details ,such as your sample data and desired output screenshots for further analysis?

You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

I am not sure what desired result would you want.If  you just  want to retrive data of a column from a table to another table,maybe you can take a try the function"lookupvalue" in calculate column:

VacancyID = LOOKUPVALUE(VacancyTable[VacancyID],VacancyTable[VacancyTitle],RequisitionTable[Title])

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hi @v-easonf-msft 

Thank you so much for taking the time to see what I am trying to achieve. 

I tried LOOKUPVALUE function and it didn't worked. I wasnt eable to retrive data that it doesn't exist in Vacancy Table from Requisition Table 

Please have a look at this Power Bi file which has the following data:

Req Table

ReqMDATA.PNG

Vac Table

VacMDATA.PNG

What I would like to see is get retrive Req Titles based on Business unit to Vacancy table, or vice-versa. 

can this be achieved also by outerjoin?

Example.pbix 

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.