Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BiBra
Helper III
Helper III

Retrieving latest lata extent

Hello

I have earlier posted a question about retrieving the latest data. I have gotten answers that did work, however not the way I need it to. Therefore I want to post the question and the entire use of the data. Hopefully someone can help me.

I am sitting with a bunch of data. dummy:

name          date                   product1            product2             product3

xx            10/10-2016               1                      0                             1

aw           9/11-2016                 1                      1                             0

xx            20/12-2016               0                      0                             1

I need both the full query, and then I want to retrieve the latest data from that query. The latest data, I want to have the full functions of a normal query. this meaning I can unpivot a column and enter it in a visual etc.  So far I have been able to retrieve the latest data and insert it in a matrix and create a DAX table retrieving the latest data. However none of these methods gives me the ability to unpivot columns. Can anyone help me?

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@BiBra,

Add a new blank query and paste the following code to Advanced Editor of the query, then check if you get expected result.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WqqhQ0lEyNNAHIiMDQzMQxwhEALGBUqxOtFJiOYhrqG8JlzeFyhuC5SEGGAFlYQqMDMCawQbEAgA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [name = _t, date = _t, value = _t, #"product 1" = _t, product2 = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"name", type text}, {"date", type date}, {"value", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Grouped Rows"= Table.Group(Source, {"name"}, {{"most recent", each List.Max([date]), type date}, {"Column", each _, type table}}),
    #"Expanded Column" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Grouped Rows", "Column", {"date", "product 1", "product2", "value"}, {"Column.date", "Column.product 1", "Column.product2", "Column.value"}),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Expanded Column", each [Column.date] = [most recent])
in
    #"Filtered Rows"

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

'This does not work for me. I do have a question for this though:

Where is it defined the data comes from another table?

@BiBra

I directly use Enter Data in Power BI Desktop to create a table. You can replace the source code with your own.

If the above Power Query code doesn't work in your scenario, please post expected result based on the sample data you post.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.