Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vega
Resolver III
Resolver III

Retrieving Files from SharePoint

Hello,

I am trying to retrieve some files that my company has in SharePoint. I tried to retrieve the files using Get Data -> SharePoint Folder. This gives you every file that is contained in the root address (as expected), however, the files that I want do not appear. In fact, there are many files contained in subfolders that do not appear in the list. I believe that the SharePoint connector has some sort of limit of how many files it can retrieve. I believe that I am having the exact same issue as the problem posted here, but the solution posted here is more of a workaround. While my plan B was to implement the solution that was presented in that post, I wanted to see if anyone else has any suggestions. 

I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@vega

I can't reproduced your issue. It will show all files under sub folders when we input the root url. 

3906287.PNG

Regards,

Right, as I stated I believe it is a limit to the number of files it can retrieve. In your example, there are only 12 files. The SharePoint root address that I entered has over a thousand files. When I filter for a specific file, I get a blank table in return because Power BI is not retrieving all the files from the SharePoint folder, due to some sort of limit.

I'm facing similar problem. It may be linked with two facts:

- most likely your query connects to the whole Sharepoint library in the first place and you filter files down the stream in your query

- it may be linked with the fact that Sharepoint has limit of ~3000 files per view

I made a test trying to retrieve files and I'm getting errors (3500 2018-02-19 09_55_46-.png

When I try to view errors I get this:

2018-02-19 10_16_12-BOT Log Summary_ - Query Editor.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.