Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Katek10
Frequent Visitor

Retrieve the values from a column based on earliest date column for each row it applies

Dear Community, 

This time I have situation when I need to extract in a visual the earliest status for each hostname in an action and per each SW that needs to be installed on respective hostnames. 

I've tried CALCULATE(

MAX(MyTable[action_id];

FILTER( ALLEXCEPT(MyTable; MyTable[action_name]);

MyTable[action_start = MAX( MyTable[action_start])))

but I've got an error with MAX function due to the fact that referring to a column with multiple entries (duplicate per server and SW - each action has few SW applied to multiple hostnames). And here I got lost - I've been trying to figure this out adding a COUNT or SUM function before MAX, but seems I was again doomed to fail.

Enclosed below a sample of my data set and desired outcome.

Sample

SampleTable1.png

Outcome

SampleOutputTable1.png

Many thanks in advance for your feedback and support!

K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Create this measure and put it visual level filter

Measure 3 = 
var __id = min(Sheet1[hostname])
var __date = CALCULATE(max(Sheet1[action_start]),ALLSELECTED(Sheet1),Sheet1[hostname]=__id)
return
CALCULATE(COUNT(Sheet1[action_id]),VALUES(Sheet1[hostname]),Sheet1[hostname]=__id , Sheet1[action_start]=__date)

Link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqd9vxp97cgm2u6/firstAction.pbix?dl=0

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

Thanks. My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP, HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Connect on Linkedin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Katek10
Frequent Visitor

Adding a OneDrive link to enclosed data set: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvcPl6Zol8otgs4oJbydjMIcKjtHTg?e=rbjbXv.

Create this measure and put it visual level filter

Measure 3 = 
var __id = min(Sheet1[hostname])
var __date = CALCULATE(max(Sheet1[action_start]),ALLSELECTED(Sheet1),Sheet1[hostname]=__id)
return
CALCULATE(COUNT(Sheet1[action_id]),VALUES(Sheet1[hostname]),Sheet1[hostname]=__id , Sheet1[action_start]=__date)

Link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqd9vxp97cgm2u6/firstAction.pbix?dl=0

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

Thanks. My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP, HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Connect on Linkedin

Hello Amit, 

Like always, simply brilliant! Many thanks Amit, words can't describe how much I appreciate your help (once again)!

Cheers,

K

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.