Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jaafer
Frequent Visitor

Retrieve latest date

Hi  

I am new to power bi.  I have two tables  like  table 1  "item master" and table 2 "item ledger" i want to create a new column for "last sale date"  Please help me to create a lookup column in item table.  Picture attacheditem ledger.jpgitem table.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @jaafer,

You can simply  use summarize function to create a table to store summarized 'item no' and max 'post date'.

Table =
SUMMARIZE (
    FILTER ( 'Sample', [entry type] = "sale" ),
    [item no],
    "MaxDate", MAX ( 'Sample'[posting date] )
)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

HI @jaafer,

Nope, it not in query editor, it is dax formula.

You can navigate to modify tab and choose new table, then input these to formula panel.

16.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jaafer
Frequent Visitor

i want to retrieve the latest date from "posting date" field and from "entry type" field equals to "sale".  Thanks.

Hi @jaafer,

You can simply  use summarize function to create a table to store summarized 'item no' and max 'post date'.

Table =
SUMMARIZE (
    FILTER ( 'Sample', [entry type] = "sale" ),
    [item no],
    "MaxDate", MAX ( 'Sample'[posting date] )
)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Thank you very much brother,  it worked well...  Smiley Happy

@v-shex-msft  ok I  got it.. how to create a table.  Actually i need to add a new column in table "item master" with a field " last sale date"  Can u please help

Thank you very much for reply. Can you please tell me where i will apply this code. Is it in query editor. Please I am very new to Power Bi

HI @jaafer,

Nope, it not in query editor, it is dax formula.

You can navigate to modify tab and choose new table, then input these to formula panel.

16.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.