Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

naridox
Regular Visitor

Retrieve Single Unique Value from Expanded Rows

I expanded rows in table to allow CSVs their own iterative rows. Unfortunately, one of the unique column values is now duplicated. All I need is that single value in a table visualization, but instead it tries summing it, or summing all the values.

While I understand the principle of row context, I still struggle how to actually work with it. I need to gain the unique value from the expanded rows, either to merely to display or to calculate with. Also, expanded rows often trip me up because I don't know how to handle them very well.

My attempt:

Quote Ct = CALCULATE( MAXX( 'Distinct Titles' , 'Distinct Titles'[Quote Count] ) / DISTINCTCOUNT( 'Distinct Titles'[Distinct Title] ) )

QUERY::

FRUIT   QTY   Type

Apple   15       01

Apple   07       01

Apple   09       01

Grape   10       03

Grape   05       03

VISUALIZATION: (Not wanted)

FRUIT   QTY   Type

Apple    31      03 (Sums)

Grape    15      06

VISUALIZATION: (Intended)

FRUIT   QTY   Type

Apple    31      01

Grape    15      03

I appreciate any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
naridox
Regular Visitor

I realized I asked the question the wrong way and found a workaround. I can't delete this thread, which is why I'm marking this as "the answer" so the thread will close. Thanks for your time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
naridox
Regular Visitor

I realized I asked the question the wrong way and found a workaround. I can't delete this thread, which is why I'm marking this as "the answer" so the thread will close. Thanks for your time.

mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi @naridox ,

if the TYPE column does not need to be aggregated, change the data type to text so it won't add up.

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

To your visual, drag Fruit and write these measures:

Quantity = SUM(Data[Qty])

Types = MIN(Data[Type])

My assumption is that Type is a numeric column.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

@naridox ,

Type is not a number to be added or subtracted, correct? Mke Type a Text column.  I do that with all my ids etc.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.