Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

naridox
Regular Visitor

Retrieve Single Unique Value from Expanded Rows

I expanded rows in table to allow CSVs their own iterative rows. Unfortunately, one of the unique column values is now duplicated. All I need is that single value in a table visualization, but instead it tries summing it, or summing all the values.

While I understand the principle of row context, I still struggle how to actually work with it. I need to gain the unique value from the expanded rows, either to merely to display or to calculate with. Also, expanded rows often trip me up because I don't know how to handle them very well.

My attempt:

Quote Ct = CALCULATE( MAXX( 'Distinct Titles' , 'Distinct Titles'[Quote Count] ) / DISTINCTCOUNT( 'Distinct Titles'[Distinct Title] ) )

QUERY::

FRUIT   QTY   Type

Apple   15       01

Apple   07       01

Apple   09       01

Grape   10       03

Grape   05       03

VISUALIZATION: (Not wanted)

FRUIT   QTY   Type

Apple    31      03 (Sums)

Grape    15      06

VISUALIZATION: (Intended)

FRUIT   QTY   Type

Apple    31      01

Grape    15      03

I appreciate any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
naridox
Regular Visitor

I realized I asked the question the wrong way and found a workaround. I can't delete this thread, which is why I'm marking this as "the answer" so the thread will close. Thanks for your time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
naridox
Regular Visitor

I realized I asked the question the wrong way and found a workaround. I can't delete this thread, which is why I'm marking this as "the answer" so the thread will close. Thanks for your time.

mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi @naridox ,

if the TYPE column does not need to be aggregated, change the data type to text so it won't add up.

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

To your visual, drag Fruit and write these measures:

Quantity = SUM(Data[Qty])

Types = MIN(Data[Type])

My assumption is that Type is a numeric column.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

@naridox ,

Type is not a number to be added or subtracted, correct? Mke Type a Text column.  I do that with all my ids etc.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.