cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NNaj Helper II
Helper II

Retrieve Analytics Value from a Visual

Hi All,

I have a clustered column chart showing some values and I have used the analytics tab to add an average line.

Is it possible to retrieve the value of the average to use in other places or to display this value as a card or in a table?

I want to use these values of 0.34, 0.17.. etc for some conditional formatting on the table.

I cant find the average as a separate function because these are measures and I can't input measures into he AVERAGE function. This is why I am trying to retrieve these values.

Thank you

Nad

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Retrieve Analytics Value from a Visual

Is analytics icon not allowing you the option to add lines

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-add-average-line-to-measure-bar-chart/td-p/326940

https://geekdecoders.blogspot.com/2019/02/how-to-insert-average-line-in-power-bi.html

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP,
HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Proud to be a Super User! Linkedin

NNaj Helper II
Helper II

Re: Retrieve Analytics Value from a Visual

The lines shown in the image have been added using the analytics of the visual. I need to use these values for other calculations. Is there a way to reference these values in my calculations?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors