Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Oelshamy
Frequent Visitor

Reterive SharePoint List Multiple appeneded Text in Power Bi

I have a MS List with multiple line of text column with "Append Changes to existing text" turned ON called Updates  
I created a Power BI report to display information related to the list, I am trying to display the last update on this Updates Column. 
However, when I display the text columns in a table I am able to see the last text stored only and if I click on the item to view or edit any other column, the Update value disappears from Power BI Table and is replaced by null. 

is there any workaround or a solution that retrieves either the full history or last update only having the text?  

See the below screenshot, all items had text but when clicked to be edited all disappeared except the items which wasn't clicked 

Oelshamy_0-1650474261959.png

2 REPLIES 2
Oelshamy
Frequent Visitor

I have found a workaround which is by creating a function: 

= () =>
let
Source = (VersionsRelevantSharePointListName as text, VersionsRelevantSharePointLocation as text, VersionsRelevantItemID as number) => let
Source = Xml.Tables(Web.Contents(Text.Combine({VersionsRelevantSharePointLocation,"/_api/web/Lists/getbytitle('",
VersionsRelevantSharePointListName ,
"')/items(",
Text.From(VersionsRelevantItemID),
")/versions"}
))),
entry = Source{0}[entry],
#"Removed Other Columns2" = Table.SelectColumns(entry,{"content"}),
#"Expanded content" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Other Columns2", "content", {"http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices/metadata"}, {"content"}),
#"Expanded content1" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Expanded content", "content", {"properties"}, {"properties"}),
#"Expanded properties" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Expanded content1", "properties", {"http://schemas.microsoft.com/ado/2007/08/dataservices"}, {"properties"})
in
#"Expanded properties"
in
Source

But it only reterieves 1 Item since the function requires 3 parameters, Any idea how to use the function with 2 parameters only and as well to invoke it automatically and have this is a query to be used in the visuals page? 

Thanks 

Hi @Oelshamy ,

{VersionsRelevantSharePointLocation,"/_api/web/Lists/getbytitle('",
VersionsRelevantSharePointListName ,
"')/items(",
Text.From(VersionsRelevantItemID),
")/versions"}

The purpose of this formula is to get a url. if possible, you can enter only one url as a parameter. You can directly enter the url with the arguments as a parameter.

let
Source = (URL as text) => let
Source = Xml.Tables(Web.Contents(URL
))),
entry = Source{0}[entry],

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.