Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pbi138
Frequent Visitor

Retain drill-down level when toggle between two maps

So I have two maps and use the bookmark/toggle button image link method to switch between the two.

The problem is that when I drill-down in one and then switch to another one (which uses exactly the same hierarchy), the drill down action needs to be repeated by the user, which is confusing for them as it is the same map as far as they are concerned. Just wondering whether there is a workaround for this?

As a side question- is it possible to bookmark drill-down mode so that the users don't have to switch it on every time? I don't think it is, just asking, maybe somebody has some ideas...

Many thanks in advance for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @pbi138,

For the first question, to keep the drill down level when switching between two bookmarks, based on my test, this is not available now. As you said, users have to click the drill down button again. You could submit this idea here

For the second question that to bookmark drill-down mode, it is achievable. 

Below is the original view of map visual. Before adding the new bookmark, click the drill down button.

1.PNG

After drill down, the map visual display data on next level. Now, you can add the new bookmark, current drill-down mode will be saved.

3.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply Yuliana. Unfortunatelly this is not working. As soon as you deploy to Power BI service or close and re-open the report from Power BI desktop, Drill down mode is reset to off again. If you deploy to the service, edit the report in the service, add a bookmark with drill down mode on, save, close and reopen the report, it's gone as well.

Cheers,

Tom

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.