Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mekaelj
Helper II
Helper II

Result of top 10 bottom 10 in a card

Hi guys,

I have created a measure to be able to show the top 10 and bottom 10 items in our inventory based on a comparison to sales from last year. This is done with the following measures:

Sales Quantity = SUM(Salesdata[SalesQty])

Sales Quantity Last Year = CALCULATE([Sales Quantity];PARALLELPERIOD('Date'[Date];-12;MONTH))

Sales Quantity Diff current year last year = [Sales Quantity] - [Sales Quantity Last Year]

RankX Quantity Bottom = RANKX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED(ItemDatabase[Productdescription]);[Sales Quantity Diff current year last year]);[Sales Quantity Diff current year last year];;ASC;Dense)

RankX Quantity Top = RANKX(FILTER(ALLSELECTED(ItemDatabase[Productdescription]);[Sales Quantity Diff current year last year]);[Sales Quantity Diff current year last year];;DESC;dense)

RankX Quantity Final = IF(OR([RankX Quantity Top]<11;[RankX Quantity Bottom]<11);1;0)

So to get the graphs to show only the top 10 and bottom 10 I have to set the RankX Quantity Final as a visual filter and then chose show items when the value is = 1.

Now, I want to create a card that shows the difference between the top 10 and bottom 10 in terms of quantity sold. However, I can't apply the measure I've created to a card and filter on only items where the value is 1. How would I go about creating this card?

Cheers,

Mikael

10 REPLIES 10
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @mekaelj,

According to your description, you want to get diff of same rank from different sort models, right?

If this is a case, you can refer to below formula if it suitable for your requirement.

Measure:

Tag = IF([DESC]<=10||[ASC]<=10,1,0)

Diff of ASC and DESC = var top_index=CALCULATE([ASC],FILTER(ALL('Sample'),'Sample'[Index]=MAX('Sample'[Index]))) return MAX('Sample'[Amount])-CALCULATE(SUM('Sample'[Amount]),FILTER(ALL('Sample'),[DESC]=top_index))

3.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @mekaelj,

Correct me if I'm wrong,

Why don't you have two measures(Top 10 Sum and Bottom 10 Sum) to sum up the top 10 and bottom 10 items?

Hi @SivaMani,

How would I create those measures? If I could create one top 10 measure and one bottom 10 measure I could just subtract them from each other and get what I want.

Regards,

Mikael

@mekaelj,

Top 10 = CALCULATE(SUM(...),[RankX Quantity Top]<11)

Bottom 10 = CALCULATE(SUM(...),[RankX Quantity Top]>10)

Hi @SivaMani,

I can't use the sum function as the way I calculate the sales quantity and revenue is with measures. Any other way I could do this?

Regards,

Mikael

@mekaelj,

I'm Sorry.

Just remove SUM() function just add the measure instead.

@SivaMani

Like this? 

Bottom 10 quantity = CALCULATE([Sales Quantity Diff current year last year];[RankX Quantity Bottom]<10)

That gives me the following error "A function 'CALCULATE' has been used in a True/False expression that is used as a table filter expression. This is not allowed."

H i @mekaelj,

Please share the sample file for further testing

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@mekaelj,

Try this,

Bottom 10 quantity = CALCULATE([Sales Quantity Diff current year last year],FILTER(TableName,[RankX Quantity Bottom]<10))

Hi @SivaMani,

That's still not working. It's giving me "Can't display the visual".

Any more ideas?

Regards,

Mikael

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.