Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pramita
Helper II
Helper II

Result of Divide is different when count of a column is displayed

Hi all, 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fFcrdrdrj2hEmO3TARDwYC8fFKzSUvjJgseDGIjv3qI/edit#gid=0

This is my table, I need to to do a simple Divide, between the Antw>4,5 column and MW-f1f2 column. However, when I divide (Conversion = DIVIDE('hotjar'[Antw>4,5],'hotjar'[MW-F1F2]))

both the columns, (New Column = Conversion), I am getting a different result. It is maybe because in the visualization I have taken "Count of MW-F1F2". 

Screenshot (25).png

For example, in the 1st row, 3 by 5 should give 0.6, and not 0.01
Kindly let me know where I am going wrong. 

Thanks and Regards
Pramita

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @pramita ,

I'm little confused about your problem... Do you want to obtain each Mail-Domail the count of [Antw>4,5] divide by the count of [MW-F1F2]? Or obtain each Mail-Domail the summarize value of [Antw>4,5] divide by the summarize value of [MW-F1F2]? I have created a sample file containing these two calculations, you can check the file for details.

Result of Divide is different when count of a column is displayed.JPG

If the above info is not what you want, please provide your desired result and the related calculation logic. Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@pramita , divide should always be measure

Conversion = DIVIDE(sum('hotjar'[Antw>4,5]),sum('hotjar'[MW-F1F2]))

@amitchandak  I tried that and the answers changed. They are not giving me the right answers nonetheless. Screenshot (27).png

For example, 1 by 1 is 0.22

@pramita Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?

14 % for 6/11 does not seem correct

@amitchandak  I had shared the link to it on my post, please refer to it, I have been trying to log reply for very long, but the post is being marked as spam. 

Hi @pramita ,

I'm little confused about your problem... Do you want to obtain each Mail-Domail the count of [Antw>4,5] divide by the count of [MW-F1F2]? Or obtain each Mail-Domail the summarize value of [Antw>4,5] divide by the summarize value of [MW-F1F2]? I have created a sample file containing these two calculations, you can check the file for details.

Result of Divide is different when count of a column is displayed.JPG

If the above info is not what you want, please provide your desired result and the related calculation logic. Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.